CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
"Dad! Get the hell out of the photo when we're posing naked!"

Friday, March 07, 2008

this entry brought to you by modest mouse, "3rd planet"


I was perusing the Internets for... photographs, when I came across pictures of three young friends canoodling on a boat. And at first they were clothed and grinning with someone who looked like their dad below the deck, and in the next picture they're naked up on the deck. And I thought, if their dad is below deck, then why the hell are they frolicking naked up top? What if dad comes up?

That's when "dad" came up top and started posing with them, and that's when I realized that this probably wasn't their dad.




Now this is about as hardcore as these pictures get. He just hugs 'em, and they're naked. And this sounds weird, but I actually prefer to think that maybe they are sisters, and this is their dad.

...Stay with me on this one.

Certainly this isn't how my family works. But maybe, first of all, they're from another country where they have different sorts of morals and codes and things like that. Maybe they're from Iceland or something. And you know, many countries outside of the US have nude beaches, and families go there all the time, there's nothing weird about that. And on top of that, maybe dad and mom are also hippies and the whole family is naked around one another all the time and nothing funny goes on. And maybe it seems weird to us, but to them maybe it's just another boat ride.

Obviously it sounds like I'm clinging at straws because more than likely that man is unrelated to them. But if he's not their dad, then he probably offered them drugs to get them on the boat. Or if it's not his boat, then he offered them drugs to get on their boat. And more than likely it wasn't even a whole lot of drugs, but these girls' self esteem was so low they went for it anyway. That depresses the shit out of me. And when I look at naked people, I like to think everybody's having a good time and nothing sinister is going on behind the scenes.

...Just thought I'd share.
-----



yesterday, last year i thought i could handle bands that didn't sing in english. i can not.

on this day last year what did pluto ever do for us? not a damn thing, that's what.
-----

with love from CRS @ 6:28 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment