CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
All Sports Are Equally Dumb

Saturday, June 02, 2007

this entry brought to you by nirvana, "you know you're right"


I'm not exactly a sports fan. In fact, to the contrary, I find sports baffling and completely inane. I also realize that I'm in the minority on this one. I understand that I'm just about the only person in the whole world that doesn't just dislike sports, I hate them, I find them absolutely retarded, and I understand that most people have no idea where I'm coming from.

With that said, I don't understand how anyone can say that one sport is awesome, but another sport is stupid. It's one thing to say "I love sport X, but I don't get sport Y," but to actually say "Sport Y is stupid, people who like it are stupid," doesn't make any sense to me.

All sports, regardless of whether we're talking about Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, or fucking Nascar-- all of them are completely arbitrary with rules that do not make sense, and all of them feature athletes that are overpaid. To argue that Football is inherently better than Basketball seems idiotic. They both feature grown men running after a ball and throwing it at one another, and they both feature scoring systems that don't neccesarily make any sense. To say that Nascar is stupid because all it is is men turning left for hours and hours is true-- but to say that, for example, baseball is any better makes no sense, because all it is is men swinging at a ball and then running left.
------



on this day last year you know how old people are completely retarded when it comes to anything even mildly technological? i guarantee you and i won't be like that when we get old.
-----

with love from CRS @ 12:50 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment