CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Yes, They Will Look Stupid. No, They Won't Care

Sunday, February 23, 2014

this entry brought to you by beware of darkness, "salvation is here"





Sadly, that's not how these things work. Yes, they look stupid to us, and they'll look even more stupid to our Grandchildren. But you can't ask them to imagine how stupid they look, because they have absolutely no shame and no hindsight. When was the last time you ever heard a conservative say "Man! I was fucking wrong! Boy, is my face red! Jesus Christ, why didn't anyone tell me how stupid I looked? Hot damn, I was up to some pretty idiotic shit back then, I tell you what! I need to get with it, for God's sakes!"

When was the last time you heard anyone's Grandma saying "Man, can you believe I was protesting blacks and whites getting married? Here I am, on the cover of Time magazine, showing the whole world what a dumb little shit I was! Man, my face is red."

"Holy fuck, I really used to tell my friends Social Security would lead to communism? What kind of jackass was I 40 years ago? Somebody should have slapped me!"

Everybody's got an Aunt that, just four years ago, was absolutely horrified because Obama was going to send her and all her friends to FEMA death camps. We are all waiting for that email saying "Mary, mother of God you guys, turns out I'm a gullible piece of shit and I don't know I still have all my money. I apologize for bugging the shit out of everybody."

They don't care. That's not how their brains work. When they've gotten so used to gays being around and they have forgotten what they were all hot under the collar about, they'll already have moved on to some other thing to focus all their attention, some other thing the rest of us will shake our heads in complete bewilderment at as they hiss and spit and puff themselves up and howl. That's just how they are. They're fucking idiots. You can't expect them to be embarrassed about a thing they did or believed, the way you and I would.
-----



with love from CRS @ 7:49 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment