CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The Guy Who Looks Like Ted Nugent

Friday, February 28, 2014

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "only"


I work overnight at a grocery store, and there are people that deliver the newspaper every day, and when they do, they need a signature to prove to their bosses that they actually delivered to the store, and didn't just toss them in the trash.

There's a newspaper delivery guy who looks like Ted Nugent, and he would always come to me for my signature. I found myself being irritated by him. His pure Ted Nugent-ness really rubbed me the wrong way, and I found myself wanting to avoid him whenever I saw him come in.

And I realized after a few months of this, why am I acting as if this guy is Ted Nugent? He's always got a smile and a "Hey! How are ya buddy!" He's always got a positive attitude, chats for a moment, never overstays his welcome. Makes a pleasant whistling sound when he pulls his pen out for me to sign. Why would I treat this guy as if he is Ted Nugent just because he looks like Ted Nugent? Why would I treat him as if he's the enemy just because he dresses like the enemy?

And even if he was Ted Nugent, so what? Why would I get feel like I needed to avoid him if he wasn't walking up to me saying "Hey! Obama is the Antichrist! Alright!" Why would I feel that way about any person who didn't give me a reason to feel that way?
-----



with love from CRS @ 1:02 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment