CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The Gathering of the Juggalos

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "the day the world went away"





I was reading an article about the Gathering of the Juggalos earlier. Despite my personal distaste for the lifestyle, it's not like I personally have anything against the Gathering of the Juggalos. I think it's kind of neat. It would be my personal own hell to go there, like a weekend of unending torment, where I can't imagine coming out the other side psychologically the same person. But I feel like if I were the kind of person that is a Juggalo, I would want to go to a place where I could hang out with nothing but Juggalos and celebrate the things we have in common. That these people have found one another and a connection is as special as any other group of people who come together. I remember when I was at Coachella a stranger turning to me and just saying "Did you fucking see Massive Attack? Oh my god, that was awesome, right?" Community is awesome. That these people can find one another is awesome.

What I don't understand is how they could all get together over The Insane Clown Posse, who are genuinely fucking awful in every way it is possible for fat white trash rapping murder clowns can be awful.

Take for example, bikers. I hate tattoos, leather jackets, scraggly, ugly beards. I have no interest in motorcycles. But I would be an idiot if I said I didn't understand the appeal of the fucking Harley Davidson. I would never want to own one, but it's a fucking Harley Davidson. You could never question how all those dudes bought Harley, then decided to get together and start dressing alike.

Same with Ozzfest, when that was a thing. I don't like heavy metal music, and I don't like Ozzy Osbourne. But c'mon, fucking Black Sabbath.

Same with Snoop Dogg and Cypress Hill's Up in Smoke Tour.

The Gathering of the Juggalos is the equivalent of if every gay guy you knew drank an awful, shitty Dr. Pepper knock off, such as Dr. Thunder, and every year Dr. Thunder held a week-long festival and every gay guy you knew went there, you would be like, hey guys! Good for you! Go enjoy yourselves! It's not my thing, but I'm glad you all have a thing you can just go and have fun at. But fucking Dr. Thunder? Seriously, you tacky motherfuckers? Nobody actually enjoys Dr. Thunder, you know that, right?
------



with love from CRS @ 8:11 AM 

1 Comments:

You just pissed off a bunch of juggalos. You know that right? They're all gonna come and murder you. Just straight up murder. Man, I'll miss you.

Post a Comment