CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Sunblock in the Eyes at Coachella

Thursday, July 11, 2013

this entry brought to you by mates of state, "fraud in the 80s"


Now, I don't know if you knew this, but I am not Caucasian, and non-Caucasian people do not sunburn. As such, I've never had the need to really put sunblock on. Still, when we went to Coachella, I thought, I'm going to be out in the desert sun all day, I'd rather not get skin cancer, so let me put that slather that shit. The important part here is that I'd never put on sunblock before, and nobody had ever warned me not to put it on my eyelids. But why would I want my eyelids to be way darker than the rest of me?

About 90 minutes into the day I had worked up a good sweat, and my eyes burned like the devil. I went groping through the crowd, stumbling around, eyes burning, hands outstretched, looking for a water station, groaning, moaning, "Help meeeeeee.... Ohhhhhh gawwwwwwwd, Help meeeeeee..."

And people were looking at me like I had taken the brown acid. I heard muttered whispers. "Let him go. He needs to work this out on his own. Just let him be."
------



with love from CRS @ 11:34 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment