CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The Mean Mugging at the Grocery Store

Thursday, June 06, 2013

this entry brought to you by justice, "d.a.n.c.e."


The strangest thing happened the other day. I was shopping, and I could feel a glare on me out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and initially didn't recognize this man who was giving me a terrible, scowling mean mug. As soon as he left it clicked in my head who the hell it was.

I hadn't seen this guy in over two years, hadn't thought about him in months, and only then because somebody else had brought him up. He was someone I used to work with, didn't get along with, and apparently was a guy who hated me. And it really struck me. I haven't thought about you in forever, I thought to myself. I didn't even recognize him. And yet he still saw fit to put the effort into giving me a mean stare instead of, you know, completely ignoring me like everyone else in the grocery store, like all people do to everyone all of the time.

I'm not sure what the point of his stare down was. Maybe he did it unconsciously. Maybe every single person he disliked from two years prior gets a stare down. Maybe he's just a complete psycho, which, honestly, from knowing him for a year and a half, is likely true. But it didn't make me feel intimidated or threatened. It just seemed hilarious. I haven't thought about you in months, man, I thought to myself. I didn't even recognize you until you disappeared! How's that blood pressure feeling?
------



with love from CRS @ 12:55 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment