CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
...One More Thought On Quentin Tarantino

Friday, March 01, 2013

this entry brought to you by rage against the machine, "guerrilla radio"


Also, I should say, that when Quentin Tarantino looks into a mirror, he does not see a white man. I don't think that he relates to black people, I don't think he grew up around black guys and feels like he can sympathize with their plight, I don't think that Quentin Tarantino thinks that he is an honorary black man, I think that Quentin Tarantino, when he looks in a mirror, sees a man with fuller lips, a slightly more bulbous nose, and much more melanin in his skin.

I think that before he does interviews, Harvey Weinstein calls him up and says, "Quentin, now remember, you're a white man."

And Quentin says "--Wha?"

And Harvey Weinstein says, "Yes, I know it sounds weird. But your father is white, and your mother is also white."

And Quentin says, "Oh... Wait, yeah. I guess that makes sense."

And Harvey Weinstein says, "I know you think that you are a black man, but it will look very strange if your reaction to controversy with your use of the n-word was, 'But I'm black!'"

"--But I am black," says Quentin.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. It might be bad for business if you refer to yourself as black in the interview. Just trust me on this one."

And Quentin ends the phone call, as always, by saying, "Sho nuff, ya dig?"
------



with love from CRS @ 11:25 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment