CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The One Local Political Story Worth Mentioning

Friday, November 09, 2012

this entry brought to you by foo fighters, "lonely as you"


On the local politics side, Arizona didn't have any major propositions that needed to be really paid close attention to. But there was one prop that I thought was worth talking about.

There was a proposition that would raise state sales tax-- not state income tax-- by one percent, and all of those funds would go to education.

One percent sale tax. That is literally one cent on the dollar. For education.

And it didn't pass.

I'll point out that Arizona is 46th in education, above only Nevada, New Mexico, Mississippi, and West Virginia. Yet Arizonans couldn't find the literal one cent for every dollar to help improve that.

I just don't know what to say. I think my kids are worth a cent more for every dollar spent. And, for that matter, I've seen everyone's ugly, fat kids, and I think one cent on the dollar would be even better spent on them!
-----



with love from CRS @ 11:45 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment