CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
I Was Afraid I Didn't Like Black People

Saturday, November 03, 2012

this entry brought to you by portal 2 soundtrack, "robot waiting room #6"


I'm of mixed heritage; my mother is black, and my father was white. Sometimes I have white friends who are worried that they might be racist. There was a period when I was a teenager, however, where I was worried I might not like black people. Which, honestly, is horrible. Is there anything lower than a person who doesn't even like his own race?

But then one day when I was about 17, I had a conversation with a guy at a music store about rock music that lasted 15 minutes, and it wasn't until I walked away that I realized that I hadn't even noticed this guy was black.

That's when I realized-- oh, it's not black people that I don't like, it's my evil, horrible, black grandmother that I dislike. Big difference.
----



with love from CRS @ 1:17 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment