CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
I Have a Friend Who is Smitten With a Dirtbag

Friday, October 26, 2012

this entry brought to you by tom petty, "american girl"


I have a friend who is quite smitten with a dirtbag, and the problem with having a friend who is smitten with a dirtbag is how you choose to react to it. You can, of course, pretend you don't care, but that is being a bad friend.

So if you care about your friend, you come off as either insanely jealous, or like a dad.

"Can we not talk about this? No, seriously. I don't want to talk about it anymore. I told myself you could tell me everything you wanted to tell me, that I'm your friend, and that I'm there for you, but I don't want to talk about this subject. It's just too much. Too much. I can't take it. You know what? Fine. No, I'm in the wrong. Just tell me. Tell me every detail you want. Tell me. It's not fair to tell you what you can and cannot talk about. No, seriously, I want to hear it. Tell me everything."

Or:

"Listen, we need to talk. No, this is serious. We need to have a grown-up talk. Listen, how old are you now? Don't you think you're a little old to be running around acting like this? No, come on. Stop acting all innocent. You know better. Now, I'm not saying we can't be friends because of this. I'll always be there for you. But everyone around you sees it, everyone around you knows it. They're all ashamed of you. I'm ashamed of you. No, I'm not ashamed. I'm disappointed. You can do better. Have I ever told you about the difference between potential and performance?"
-----



with love from CRS @ 11:47 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment