CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
NATION'S WOMEN STILL GETTING TRAMP STAMPS DESPITE DEROGATORY NAME

Sunday, August 19, 2012

this entry brought to you by queens of the stone age, "the lost art of keeping a secret"





SAN DIEGO-- Despite twelve years of derisive jokes, hilarious skits, and the utterly insulting term "tramp stamp", women are still somehow getting tattoos of dubiously tribal origin on their lower backs in record numbers.

"I've done forty five tramp stamps this month alone," said tattoo artist Max Bundick, "and over half of the women asked for it expressly using the term 'tramp stamp'. And when I got ladies that requested one by calling it a different name, I'd ask 'You mean a tramp stamp?' and they'd nod. Even though they were ashamed to call it that, when I did, it somehow didn't deter them."

Although originally used to accentuate the female figure and suggest a form of taboo sexuality, researchers have found that the tramp stamp has been so saturated and overused by American women, particularly divorced middle aged women with teenaged children, that the tramp stamp is no longer viewed as a symbol of sexuality at all.

A recent Gallup poll has indicated that the average male between the ages of 18 and 35 sees the tramp stamp as omni-present visual noise, like street lights, telephone poles, or homeless people.

One anonymous responder asked, "Do tramp stamps even exist anymore? I was watching a rerun of a stand-up comic from 2004 mention them and I thought, oh right, my wife used to have one of those. And I don't even remember her paying to have it removed!"
-----



with love from CRS @ 12:54 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment