CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
A Message To Rep. Todd Akin

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

this entry brought to you by nirvana, "verse, chorus, verse"


In case you hadn't heard, there is a man named Todd Akin who is a Representative from Missouri, and is running for Senate. And the other day in an interview, he was asked if he supported abortion in the case of rape.

His response was "From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist."

Now, Akin's disgusting sexism and baffling ignorance on basic biology was roundly criticized, shamed, and laughed at, and deservedly so. And so, Akin has made a commercial apologizing.





Can I say something? I believe people honestly can misspeak. I'm being truthful here. Maybe, through some strange occurrences and getting stuck in his own thought process, a man who honestly didn't mean what he said somehow said the things he said.

Let's say, for example, that George Clooney said something derogatory about gays in public, and had to issue an apology. He could say:

"Hello, my name's George Clooney. The other day I said something reprehensible, and I must apologize for what I said. I didn't mean them at all, and please, look at my record. I have a history of standing up for gay rights, for supporting gay groups. I belong to such-and-such group, which has the sole purpose of pushing forward gay equality. I have donated publicly to this charity, which helps the gay community in this way. What I said was horrendous, but please, let my actions speak louder than my words. Thank you."

So let's use this test with Rep. Akin. What has his public record been like?

He wants to eliminate the morning after pill.

He was a co-sponsor of a bill that only counted "forcible rape"-- his verbiage, not mine-- as a reason to get an abortion.

He once questioned whether rape accusations might be used by bitter women to get back at their husbands during divorce cases, which sounds like something a rapist would say to excuse his actions.

So it sounds like while he might have "misspoken", he has a long history of this exact bullshit. So, guess what? Apology not accepted, asshole. And one more thing: You say you have two daughters. How about not going out of your way to make their lives potentially much worse, you fucking scumbag? And, for that matter, how can any other member of your stupid asshole party who has ever personally known a woman do the exact shit you do over and over again? Why are all of you scumbags?

But just to reiterate: Take your apology and stuff it.
-----



with love from CRS @ 12:10 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment