CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The Ice Cream Man, Maaaaan...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

this entry brought to you by radiohead, "dollars and cents"


Once I was saying at a friend's house for the night. I didn't particularly feel like my friend lived in a bad neighborhood, even though it wasn't anywhere near as nice a place as where I lived. But one October night, I remember it was 8:30... Keep in mind at 8:30 in the fall it's as dark as it'll be all night. It's raining outside pretty harshly. And I hear the familiar jingle of an ice cream truck. There were so many things wrong with this. First of all, what kind of ice cream truck drives by in the fall? The peak ice cream truck times are obviously the spring and summer. Who sells ice cream after dark? And most importantly-- even if there are kids up at 8:30 interested in buying ice cream, who in the hell would run out in the rain to buy it? What amused me about this is that I had always of course heard the joke about the ice cream man selling drugs, and for all I know every single ice cream truck I've ever seen has sold drugs as well as ice cream. But never in my life had I even said to myself, "Hey, I bet that guys sells drugs" when looking at an ice cream truck and really meant it, yet here we had a guy so willing to sell that he didn't give a shit if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world.
-----



with love from CRS @ 9:28 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment