CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Ponderings on Reality TV

Thursday, May 17, 2007

this entry brought to you by modest mouse, "invisible"


Whenever I watch any reality TV, I wonder a couple things: One, where the hell do they find these people? How in the world could you be so desperate for attention that you would behave this way in front of cameras, knowing there's cameras on you? Reality TV has had an awful track record-- you could even say the worst track record-- on people going on to have successful careers. Sure, a couple of them have gone on to host a short-lived show on the E Network or whatever, but they're going to forever be known as "That bitch that slept with that one guy", or perhaps that "Overly sensitive wussy who had that crush on that one bitch that slept with that other guy."

But another thing I wonder is, are these people normal people? Are they just like you and I? If they put a camera in my face that followed me around for hours and hours, or in some cases weeks, could they compress me down to a half hour and make me look however they wanted me to look? Would people think that I'm psycho?

I wonder why people want to be on these shows, especially knowing how everybody in the world that's gone before them has ended up looking in the finished product. More than likely these are just shallow people who are trying to get famous-- a lot of the times they're aspiring models or aspiring actresses or whatever, and as I've said, they always seem to be shot in the same Southern Californian locale-- but do you think maybe they gave Reality TV a shot because they wanted to be the one person on Reality TV that came off as sane, only to be editted and skewered to ultimately look insane? Do you think there's anything anybody could do to not look like a crazy person?
------



with love from CRS @ 10:09 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment