CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Nobody likes all kinds of music, asshole.

Friday, May 18, 2007

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "the beginning of the end"


I hate when you ask someone "What kind of music do you listen to?" They say "All kinds." You know what that means? It means "No kinds." If you really do like all kinds of music, what that means is that you actually like no kinds of music. You change the station when a bad song comes on searching for a good song, when you find one you know the words of the chorus but not the name of the band or even the name of the song, and then you switch again. And if you do like music, why answer "All kinds"? When I ask you what you like, it's obvious that I am fishing for some kind of specific answer with which to compare to my own tastes, so saying "All kinds" isn't even an answer. I hate that. And everybody does it. Of course you like all kinds. This is fucking America. If you grew up in Indonesia, I would expect that you liked specifically Indonesian music. But here in America, yeah, I expect you like all kinds to some degree. I also hate when people say "I like all kinds, except country and hip-hop." Well, thanks for narrowing it down, fucktard, because country and hip-hop is 70% of the fucking music industry. You like all kinds except 70% of it, huh? Thanks for clearing that up.
------



with love from CRS @ 11:18 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment