CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
If I were to ever do drugs, it would probably be this...

Thursday, March 01, 2007

this entry brought to you by rem, "ignoreland"


I've never done any sort of illicit drug before. I've never even been drunk. And it's not just something I've never been exposed to-- all my friends in high school were drinking, drugging fools, and some of them went on to have really terrible habits and have been in and out of rehab. I was the one person in my group who never did any of that stuff. I had a bunch of reasons never to want to do drugs; from my perspective, it seemed like the least appealing thing in the world, it seemed pointlessly expensive (sure you could always just bum off your friends, but once you pick up a habit your friends start to get annoyed that you never spend your own money), and besides all that, I didn't want to be an addict. Some people have a "Yeah, but that won't happen to me" attitude, and those people are called idiots. I had a "Yeah, that'll happen to me and I won't even know it," attitude, and the worst thing in the world is a worthless druggie. And I will admit it, part of my not doing drugs was an effort to be different. Yes, I wanted to fit in with my friends just as much as any other nerd who suddenly finds himself comfortably hanging out with a large group of awesome people, but sometimes what makes you different from everyone else is what defines you.

With that said, it's not as if I've never been curious as to what it's like. Of course I've been curious. I've even tried to ask friends about what makes getting high so fucking great, but what they describe to me never sounds very appealing. They say they're always in control of their actions, but from an outsider looking in, people turn into either idiots or assholes when on a controlled substances, and they aren't neccesarily like that when not on controlled substance. They're very obviously not in control of their actions, because ordinary people do not choose to be idiots or assholes when they have a choice not to be. But yes, I was curious. I did in fact wish to have my "mind expanded", I wanted to experience things I otherwise couldn't experience. Of course, I was curious to what it would be like to shove a friend into oncoming traffic, but I'd never do that, either.

Still, the most appealing of the illicit drugs, in terms of my curiousity, would be 'shrooms. I've always been curious about hallucinogens. I want to "see" music, I want to see all the colors, to experience what is scientifically known as synaesthesia. All that shit seems awesome. Yet LSD seems like the worst idea in the world-- like methamphetamines, it's a synthetic drug, and the very idea of doing anything that doesn't come from nature frightens me and seems ridiculously stupid. Plus, the effects of mushrooms are, apparently, not as harsh, the come down is smoother, and the effects not as long lasting. Still, I don't like experiencing something I can't stop myself. When I'm dreaming and I'm having a nightmare, I wake myself up most of the time. When you're on hallucinogens, it's like someone else is driving the car. If you're having a nice ride then no problem, but if the driver starts swirving around, driving frenetically and dangerously, you're basically screwed-- and you're the moron who got in the car with a known maniac anyway. I've known people who have come down off of a shroom trip out in the middle of a field with no recollection of how they got there-- fuck that shit.

Still, I mean, the idea of putting on music and experiencing it in a way I couldn't otherwise, or to see dreams and ideas that I wouldn't ever be able to see, yeah, all that seems really interesting. It seems like the kind of experience that, yeah, I would even pay money for, and chew on a disgusting, foul-smelling mushroom, a fungus I ordinarily do not enjoy putting in my mouth, to experience. Then again, having unprotected sex with a couple dozen women all at once sounds pretty appealing to, but it's something I wouldn't do even if I had the chance. Because I mean, at the very least, I don't need to be waking up the next day itching like mad.
-----



with love from CRS @ 9:24 AM 

1 Comments:

you need to save this for your daughter when she becomes a teenager. i would also like to point out that other than the veneral disease you'd get from having sex with a couple of dozen women all at once, you'd also be suffering from major pain after i beat the shit out of you for having sex with those whores. love you! :)

Post a Comment