CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Rhythm Guitarists Are Just Frigging Lame

Sunday, March 05, 2006

this entry brought to you by the strokes, "last nite"


You know who I hate? Rhythm guitarists. They're so fucking useless. It's not that I have anything against the rest of the rhythm section; everybody loves a bad-ass bass player, and a drummer can totally make or break a band. But a rhythm guitarist? What constitutes a really good rhythm guitarist? If he's doing his job, you shouldn't be able to tell he's there. And that's a really shitty job when you're in a rock band. There's never a time when anybody looks at the rhythm guitarist. When the lead guitarist cuts into a fat solo, nobody looks at the rhythm guitarist. And if you were to look at a rhythm guitarist, you'd see him there, grinning, half-asleep. "Yay, look at me. I'm the rhythm guitarist. I get paid, but nobody knows why I'm here. I may as well be a looping DAT tape." Rhythm guitarists might not actually know how to even play guitar. It's not like anybody could tell the difference. Fuck those guys. Taking up all that money from the members of the band that actually know how to play their instruments.
-----



with love from CRS @ 10:53 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment