CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
ICE-T the Rapper Is An Actor on Law And Order: SVU

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "in two"





This is what it was like on the set of Law And Order: SVU when a young black actor had his first scene with Ice T in 2005:

YOUNG BLACK MAN: Yo what up, Ice T! Damn, I gotta tell you, this is a true honor. I have been bumpin your shit way since back in the day! I mean, "Cop Killer"? That shit blew my mind wide open when I was a little shorty, homey!

ICE T: Yo. Word. That means a lot to me. Part of me always belongs to the streets, and I gots mad love.


This is what it is like on the set of Law And Order: SVU when a young black actor has his first scene with Ice T in 2014.

YOUNG BLACK MAN: Yo what up, Ice T! Damn, I gotta tell you, I have been watching you on SVU since way back in the day! Remember that scene where you were undercover as a pimp and then you said you were a cop killer? That shit was my jam!

ICE T: Fo sho. Back when I was 19 on the streets rappin, I never knew my life would turn out like this. Its been a trip.

YOUNG BLACK MAN: What's this now?

ICE T: I'm just sayin when I was in the rap game, man, I never dreamed that I would be an actor on a TV show playing a cop, you know?

YOUNG BLACK MAN: Who?

ICE T: I was a rapper, man, back in the old school days, back when shit was raw. Motherfuckin' Eric B and Rakim, Chuck D, all of NWA, they my niggas, we all from the same rap motherfuckin' graduating year. We all old school.

YOUNG BLACK MAN: Zuh?
---



with love from CRS @ 1:28 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment