CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Stock Market Investment Tip Shows

Sunday, January 19, 2014

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "various methods of escape"





I never understood shows or newspaper columns giving stock investment tips. I totally understand news shows dedicated to the stock market-- the stock market can change drastically with very little warning, and I imagine if you're interested in that sort of thing, learning why these things are happening is probably not only important to you, but flat-out interesting.

It's the investment tips programs I don't get. If you're investing in the stock market, wouldn't you want, oh, I don't know, a stock broker? Or someone with an inside edge on information that is specific to your guy, and not information any jackass with a remote control has access to?

I have a sneaking suspicion no one who makes a living off of their investments watches these shows at all. Maybe your neighbor, who has 10,000 dollars in the stock market watches them diligently, but he's just doing it as a side thing, hoping he'll get rich, and I have a hunch he won't, not at least by watching these shows. People who are serious in it can't possibly watch these guys for any reason other than to shake their head at them derisively, right?
-----



with love from CRS @ 8:04 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment