CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Title Tracks are Annoying

Saturday, July 06, 2013

this entry brought to you by radiohead, "planet telex"


Sometimes, when you buy an album, there's a song that's got the same name as the album. This happens a lot, actually. They're called "title tracks". I dislike title tracks. I feel like if I were in a band we would never have an album named after a song. Even worse is self-titled albums. I loathe albums that are named after a band. Title tracks are not as bad, but they are still annoying.

I kind of like albums named after a line in the album, for example when Kurt Cobain says "oh well whatever, never mind" in "Smells Like Teen Spirit", it feels like-- oh shit! Its like a hidden treasure.

Another example would be when George Harrison sings "Whiiiiiiiiiiiiite albuuuuuuuum! Yeah!" at the end of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", or when Bjork shrieks "POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST" at the end of "Hyper Ballad".
-----



with love from CRS @ 12:43 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment