CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
The Pennies On That Guy's Lawn

Thursday, January 31, 2013

this entry brought to you by bat for lashes, "a wall"


Yesterday when I was going to work, I saw somebody with several piles of pennies on his lawn. And the more I thought about it, the more hilarious this seemed. Was he carrying out two huge buckets of pennies before he went to Coinstar, and they spilled over onto his lawn, and he thought, ah, fuck it and kept going?

Or did a psycho ex girlfriend drive up to his house in the middle of the night, "I used to drop pennies in a wishing well, wishing we would last forever. Now you can just have all my pennies you son of a bitch!"

On the way back home from work I forgot to check to see if they were still there, and forgot again on the way to work the next day. But on the way way back home the next day, a full 32 hours later, there were still pennies on his lawn.



...Except that there weren't as many as there were the day before. Did he try to clean them up? Because if he took the time to clean up the pennies, why wouldn't he take the time to clean all of them?

Or was it the middle of the night when his psycho ex-girlfriend said, "You know what? I am exactly two dollars and thirty nine cents away from a Big Mac Value Meal. I think I was a bit... hasty last night. I should probably... drive back over there."
------



with love from CRS @ 8:41 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment