CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
My Credit Card Was Stolen

Saturday, August 18, 2012

this entry brought to you by nine inch nails, "not so pretty now"


A few weeks ago I was unable to find my debit card, but I assumed it was in the house somewhere and that I'd simply misplaced it. We've had to call in a replacement card several years ago, and it was a huge hassle. They put a block on our account and the card showed up seven days later, meaning we couldn't, you know, pay for anything for a whole week. We have a pay-as-you-go system on the electricity and normally pay for a week at a time, and this was the day before we ran out. I figured I'd pay for electricity, go shopping for groceries, then call the card as being missing.

Early in the morning we got a call from the bank, asking if these weird charges were ours. They were not. My card wasn't missing, it had been stolen. And, what's more: The charges that they stopped from going through appeared to be medical bills.

Which sort of tells you a lot about America, doesn't it?
------



with love from CRS @ 6:39 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment