CRS
Chandler, Arizona, United States

There's an old saying. If you don't want someone to join a crowd, you ask them, "If everyone were jumping off of a cliff, would you?" Well, I have. So my answer would be "Yes". True story.
Profile continued . . .

ARCHIVES!
Ironic Boobie Tatoos

Friday, May 04, 2007

this entry brought to you by sleater-kinney, "oh!"


I saw an interesting woman today at work. She was a very chesty woman; not a bad looking woman at all, around 35-40 years old, generously proportioned, but the point is she was chesty, and was wearing a low-cut shirt. Not that I was gawking, but I couldn't help but notice this particular feature about her. She knocked over a cart she was pushing and I turned around to see what was happening right as she embarrassedly bent over to pick a few things up. Now, we've got a chesty woman, a low-cut shirt, and now she's bending over; we know what my eyes were full of when I turned around. What I did not expect to see however, was that the woman had a tatoo-- not on her breasts, but between her breasts, resting on her chest plate and curled up onto both breasts to its side-- an eye. A stylized eye that, as she bent over, happened to be looking right at me. When she stood back up the eye disappeared and all that could be seen was cleavage again. I'd never seen a tatoo like this before, and wondered if there were other tatoos hiding between other cleavage and I'd just never looked at the right time or hard enough. And I wondered, did she do this just because she thought it would look good? Or was it an ironic statement? You are looking at her boobs and they are looking right back at you, unnerving you because you're being (symbolically) watched yourself when you think she's not looking. Kind of like wearing one of those t-shirts that says "STOP STARING AT MY TITS," except way more clever, more subtle and, I guess, more permanent. Of course, maybe she'd seen it on another girl and thought it looked cute. Either way, I was impressed.
-----



with love from CRS @ 9:45 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment